3.14.2011

japan.

it is not like i try to avoid thinking about it, or think that i am untouched by the events of the past few days.  it is not like i do not read the headlines on my new york times homepage (my feeble attempt at staying "connected" while on tour).  i feel my eyes get wet and a flush comes over my face when i see the pictures and read

horrordestructiondeathtollrisingfearnuclearexplosiondevastation

but it is like... i am here, so secluded, in my nucleus of a life lived with a company of 37 people and we more or less see only each other.  it is warm here in my cocoon, unaffected, wrapped up in a cushy blanket of unreality.

i follow all of these fashion blogs on a daily basis; a handful of them have posted about the nightmare in Japan, and a few of them have linked to red cross so that people can donate.  however, rumi was actually there when it happened.  after i read her post from yesterday, i felt stupid for thinking that i can keep mulling my prayers and have my wet eyes acknowledge the mess from this side of my computer screen, a spectator only.

this is merely a vent, just to fulfill a straining need to get my thoughts and sense of uselessness out.  if you can... give something... anything.

thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment